Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to export video from logic x?

I'm trying to export a play along video for youtube. The video was recorded from my iPhone and the audio recorded into logic. I can't find an option to export the whole project though, only audio. If possible I'd like to keep the original audio from the video as well as recorded audio. Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:53 AM

the command for export your movie from Logic is under the File Menu

File ➤ Movie ➤ Export Audio To Movie ...

User uploaded file

Once you select that option and the file destination, Logic opens a window that lists the audio track of the original movie. When the checkbox is enabled, then that audio track is mixed together with your stereo mix of your Logic Project.

User uploaded file

However, I would recommend to import that audio track from the video and mix it in Logic together with your other tracks. That gives you a much better Control. When you first import the movie, you get a Dialog Window that asks you to extract that audio track from the video. You cn also import it later with the command "Import Audio from Movie.

When exporting, enable the Cycle Range to determine the start and stop time of your movie export.

I explain all those little details in my book "Logic Pro X - The Details" with lots of graphics and diagrams that help you understand how that all works.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 9:53 AM in response to mattlawtonbass

the command for export your movie from Logic is under the File Menu

File ➤ Movie ➤ Export Audio To Movie ...

User uploaded file

Once you select that option and the file destination, Logic opens a window that lists the audio track of the original movie. When the checkbox is enabled, then that audio track is mixed together with your stereo mix of your Logic Project.

User uploaded file

However, I would recommend to import that audio track from the video and mix it in Logic together with your other tracks. That gives you a much better Control. When you first import the movie, you get a Dialog Window that asks you to extract that audio track from the video. You cn also import it later with the command "Import Audio from Movie.

When exporting, enable the Cycle Range to determine the start and stop time of your movie export.

I explain all those little details in my book "Logic Pro X - The Details" with lots of graphics and diagrams that help you understand how that all works.

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

how to export video from logic x?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.