Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching on and off multiple effects at once?

Hey guys,

I set up multiple pedals at once for a song, which I would like to switch on in the verse and off in the chorus. Is there a setting to switch on and off multiple pedals at once? And can this be done via the automation screen, too?

Thanks in advance,

Filippo

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:24 AM

You do that with the automation

Show Automation (Automation button in the Menu Bar)

Enable Automationon each Track *Automation Button on the Track Header)

Select the Automation Parameter "Pedal State" from the Automation Parameter Menu.

Draw the automation on one Track Lane . This is an on/off Automation Curve with only two possible values

Shift+drag around the Automation Curve to select all Control Points and click use the Copy Command (cmd+C)

Set the Playhead back to the beginning ( ! ), select the next Track (with the same Pedal Board and the same Automation Parameter selected) and use the Paste Command (cmd+V)

User uploaded file

This way you can quickly copy the on-off automation to multiple Tracks.

I explain all those Automation features in great detail in my Graphically Enhanced Manual "GarageBand X - How it Works"

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 10:24 AM in response to filippo.goller

You do that with the automation

Show Automation (Automation button in the Menu Bar)

Enable Automationon each Track *Automation Button on the Track Header)

Select the Automation Parameter "Pedal State" from the Automation Parameter Menu.

Draw the automation on one Track Lane . This is an on/off Automation Curve with only two possible values

Shift+drag around the Automation Curve to select all Control Points and click use the Copy Command (cmd+C)

Set the Playhead back to the beginning ( ! ), select the next Track (with the same Pedal Board and the same Automation Parameter selected) and use the Paste Command (cmd+V)

User uploaded file

This way you can quickly copy the on-off automation to multiple Tracks.

I explain all those Automation features in great detail in my Graphically Enhanced Manual "GarageBand X - How it Works"

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Switching on and off multiple effects at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.