Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fans running High No Power from battery

Hello,

I am helping a friend with a MacBook Pro late 2008 on Lion 4 GB 1 TB HD

The fans are very loud (maximum) It says no battery, no orange or green light on MacSafe adapter.

What I did was pram reset SMC reset al logo read many webpage and al the suggestions goes to the SMC reset.

First I did get the MBP and it was doing nothing, light was not burning (MacSafe adapter)

Tried several boot methodes but what did work was a tip i read from this support forum.

remove battery remove MacSafe, hold down power button 10 sec, the reconnect MacSafe adapter, stil holding power button down and now for another 10 sec, release it and then startup the normal way.

The MacBook Pro booted "normal" but with loud noise from the fan (maximum) I started again in safe mode and repair permissions, booted again and still Loud noise.

Started activity monitor and the was no much CPU use from any program,

Put back the battery and did a boot. No go Then MacSafe attach and the MBP started but in it did say no battery

All the time the light on the MacSafe adapter was OFF.

It only gets green when the MBP is 100% off and the MacSafe adapter is attached then it is green

Tried several times SMC reset bit no go. (According to several website this would solve the problem) (even followed Apple webpage about is (removable battery)

The MacBook Pro is normal working but with loud fans and only with the MacSafe adapter attached.

The battery is replaced 2 years ago. It would not charge and was bolded, now it is in good shape from the out side.

When I push the button on the the battery the lights ar not lighting up.

Again with the battery removed I have the same problem (very loud fans, maximum , and no light on the MacSafe adapter)

O one last thing it would also not get into sleep mode thats why al the things lead to SMC reset, but no go

Question if I buy a new battery, could that solve the problem? I don't have one nearby, so I will have to buy it.

Thanks for any suggestion

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:22 AM

5 replies

Fans running High No Power from battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.