Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blownup battery of iPhone 4S

MY spear phone is a iPhone4S and was stored in my drawer. When I wanted to use it found ou, that the battery has blown up and split the back and the front part .

question

1) will Apple be generous and replace the almost exploded battery free of charge as such a thing should not happen( even though my warranty has expired)

2) how long will an iPhone4S be supported

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:46 AM

1. Take it in to Apple. Nobody here can say what they will or will not do for you. And Apple cannot say either way until they see the device to examine it.

2. No idea. Again, that will be an Apple decision, so not something that anyone here will know beforehand.

8 replies

May 26, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Mofise

When storing a device with a lithium-ion battery, it is necessary to treat the battery in specific way to help prevent problems. That is what I was referring to.

As far as to how much longer the iPhone 4s will be supported, no one here would know that. Only Apple can answer that question, and they do not participate here. You would have to wait for an announcement from them. The decision to fix the phone or not would be a cost comparison based on the repair cost or the cost to replace the device with a newer model that would generally be supported longer.

Blownup battery of iPhone 4S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.