Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't my game download if I have enough space

I Have 310 MB and the games I want to download are 64.7 MB and 81.5 MB. What do I do?

iPad Mini

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:30 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 8:38 AM in response to Dragonfire716cd

Each game needs space to download the installer, uncompressed it, then space for temp files and caches as it runs the installer. Typically you will need available at least two or more times the space of the final installed app.

Also with that little space available, the games even if installed may crash as there may not be enough space for temp files, caches and saved game states or results as you use them. Just as a computer gets very unreliable if the hard disk files completely, an iDevice can behave the same way if you completely fill the available storage so there is no space at all for temporary files.

May 26, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Dragonfire716cd

It's already been said, but I want to emphasize that the amount of free space that you have left may cause you problems moving forward. No matter which capacity of iPad that you have, 310 MB of free space is not nearly enough. You need to delete some of the content on your device or like Michael Black said, it could begin crashing randomly and with some frequency.

Why won't my game download if I have enough space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.