Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't Find my Friend

I have a 4s and my friend got a 5 awhile back. She had loaded FMF when she had lost a 4S awhile back and by using her login info we tracked and found her phone using FMI. Now that she has a 5 she can find our 4s, but we can't find her 5. I'm thinking one of us has a setting wrong, but not sure which it is. Can anyone help? She has actually lost 2 phones and we really need to help her find them.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:36 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 9:17 AM in response to bconley351

for find my friends app to work she needs location services enabled and she needs to be signed in to the app for you to find her - Get help using Find My Friends - Apple Support

As far as loosing devices, she really should use her iCloud account and enable find my iPhone which will also turn in Activation Lock. She can also then track her devices from her iCloud account in a web browser.

She should also be sure to have a passcode on her device, and set up restrictions so nobody can alter her settings. If someone has a device, and has access to it (no passcode) they can simply disable find my friends. Find my iPhone cannot be disable without knowing the persons iCloud account password, even if one can get into the settings on the device.

I can't Find my Friend

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.