Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got a new iPod at vintage stock, but it has someone else's Apple ID on it. What do I do?

I Bought a new iPod, but it is using someone else's Apple ID. I tried to erase the data on it, but it requires that other persons password. I don't even know them. What do I do?

iPod touch, iOS 7

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:14 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Guyfromknsas

Contact the place you purchased it from to see if they have the previous owner's info, or return for a refund. It is not a new iPod if it contains another user's info. With Activation Lock, if you cannot get the previous owner to remove the device from their account, you will never be able to activate it. It will be useless to you. Apple will not assist in contacting the owner.

I got a new iPod at vintage stock, but it has someone else's Apple ID on it. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.