Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confusion over Seagate versus new iPhoto backup

New iPhoto version has been installed. My MacBook Air is running out of start up disc space and wanting to clear some space I copied the photos onto the Seagate slim back up drive. I closed then opened the seagate to check photos were indeed copied. I then went into iPhoto and deleted permanently a whole bunch of photos. When I next opened the seagate, it also showed me that those photos are gone! How can what I delete on my mac also be deleted on the seagate?

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:34 AM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 10:27 AM in response to moirafromkenilworth

clicked on photo apps.

That of course opened your default library on the main hard drive - not the one on the Seagate

If you have not emptied the trash yet put your library back

and to see the format select the drive in the finder and get info - the format is part of th window - for the Photos library it must be Mc OS extended (journaled) nly

LN

Confusion over Seagate versus new iPhoto backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.