Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is turning off and on. Restore isn't helping.

Hello!

My iPhone 5 started to turn off randomly a week ago.

It was happening more often and more faster. By faster I mean, week ago it would restart under 40%, but it now restarts after 90%.

Today, when I tried to turn it on, apple logo showed up and it turned off. I couldn't get it on. I have done factory reset. After I set it up, I turned on flash light, bluetooth..to get battery drain faster. It worked fine. I installed some apps, and I left it to completely drain out. Somewhere between 50 and 60% it turned off again and now it won't turn on again. (If I connect it to a chrarger, it will work)

What should I do now? Can I somehow check if my battery is defected?

Thanks 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:45 AM

8 replies

May 26, 2015 10:50 AM in response to blablaace

You can contact Apple to check your battery, or make an appointment at the Genius Bar. There is also a Battery program for the iPhone 5, you might want to check this link. https://www.apple.com/support/iphone5-battery/

Otherwise, I would restore it as new and test for a period of time without adding any additional content to the device to see what happens.

May 26, 2015 11:25 AM in response to blablaace

With it connected to the charger, try holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. See if it will reset. If not, then you may have to try and put the device into Recovery Mode to restore. See this support document. If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

My iPhone is turning off and on. Restore isn't helping.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.