Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My local electrical company wants me to install Flash to track my utility usage. I have an IPad and can not find out how to install.

I Have an IPad 2. My utility company wants me to install Flash to access my utility bill and other info on line. It is a utility tracker. I need help to install. From what I have researched apple and adobe Flash are not comparable. When I call the Utility company they tell me I need someone who knows how to use a computer. The local library has a tech support person and I was told you can not access Flash on an IPad.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:28 AM

That is correct. You cannot install Flash on the iPad.

3 replies

May 26, 2015 9:37 AM in response to sondrafromjacksonville

You utility company is very far behind the times. Mobile devices, iPhone, iPad, Microsoft Surface, and Google Andriod do not support flash.

there are some apps that do support parts of flash. Example:

Flash on the iPad

Puffin
ios web browser

"Puffin Web Browser is a wicked fast Mobile Flash Browser. Once users experience the thrilling speed of Puffin, regular mobile Internet feels like torture. Puffin Free is the free version of the Puffin family and supports Adobe Flash over cloud during "off-peak hours" from 8AM to 4PM (subject to change without prior notice)"

Free:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puffin-web-browser-free/id472937654?mt=8

Paid:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/puffin-web-browser/id406239138?mt=8

May 27, 2015 10:54 AM in response to sondrafromjacksonville

As rccharles mentioned, Puffin is an app that can simulate a Flash webpage. If you do a search for iOS proxy browsers you will likely find other apps that can also simulate Flash webpages like Puffin does. These apps render Flash on their own servers, and then convert them to a video format that iOS devices can play. So Flash itself isn't running on your iPad...its just a video of the Flash content being played back on your iPad. Flash itself cannot be installed or run on an iPad.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

My local electrical company wants me to install Flash to track my utility usage. I have an IPad and can not find out how to install.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.