Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am supposed to get 5 Gig of iCloud Storage Space at initial Sign Up, but I only got 1 Gig.

I am supposed to get 5 Gig of iCloud Storage Space at initial Sign Up, but I only got 1 Gig.

PC-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:51 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2015 8:59 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

In the following Apple iCloud Web Page:

iCloud storage pricing - Apple Support

It says, "When you sign up for iCloud, you automatically get 5 GB of free storage. If you need more storage, you can upgrade to a larger storage plan."

In the iCloud Settings Page, it says under the heading 'Storage':

You have 1GB of iCloud storage

I do not have any 'Manage Storage' link.

May 29, 2015 4:04 AM in response to sk686

Hi sk686,

I see you have a PC running Windows 7.

Have you seen this article?

Web-only access to iCloud - Apple Support

Web-only access is a free level of iCloud service that's available to anyone, including people who don't own or use Apple devices. It includes access to Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iCloud and 1 GB of free storage for any documents you create.

and further down…

Can I upgrade my iCloud storage?

Web-only iCloud accounts are limited to 1 GB of storage. You need an iOS device or Mac to access the full set of iCloud features and upgrade your storage.

That may explain your 1GB allocation.

Orthon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.