Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shut down window keeps appearing

The shut down window keeps popping up while I am working. How do I stop this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7, just upgraded to iOS 7 and imported

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:20 AM

2 replies

May 28, 2015 10:56 AM in response to DivineMS

Hello DivineMS,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are randomly seeing the screen on your iPhone to power it off. If this is the case, I would verify that the Sleep/Wake button isn’t being depressed by accident by perhaps a case or your hand while using the iPhone.

If you cannot find the culprit and it appears that the button may not be working correctly, please follow the Sleep/Wake button troubleshooting steps outlined in the attached article.

Get help with buttons and switches on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

May 28, 2015 11:17 AM in response to DivineMS

Thank you for replying, I guess I did not tell you that it is happening on my Desktop Tower Macintosh. Here is the info about this Mac.

Macintosh Processor: 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

8GB 667 MHzDDR@ FB-DIMM

To internal disks Startup Disk 320GB

2nd HD is 500GB

1 External HD for Time Machine backups.

I have just now turned off my external Backup Hard Drive that I use for Time Machine.

Haven't seen Shut Down window yet.

Here is what I think happened.

I have been harassed by this group of Indian people who once got money from me on a scam. Ever since, I have been on their hit list.

They called me to offer their help with viruses on my computer. I told them I have a Macintosh which does not get viruses.

However, I do use VM Ware and have a very old version of WIndows95 and Vista on my harddrive that came with that program. I had VM Ware installed on my computer, by the Macintosh Repair shop that sold it to me. I have been told that this CAN GET Viruses. I have Sophos anti-virus software on my Mac, mainly for that reason.

About 2 weeks ago, Sophos told me that I had viruses and did I want the cleaned up? I said yes, so it did so. They had been sent to me by the Indians in an (so they could make some money fixing them, I suppose) email and were eliminated from the library mail attachment folder by the virus software. Recently, I ran Sophos again and found the 4 viruses they sent, saved on my External Backup disk. Time Machine had faithfully backed them up and they are on that external drive. Sophos says it can not remove anything from Time Machine files.

I have tried various things, but I finally hit upon, just turning the external hard drive off. I have not seen the window in last 15 minuted, but still might see it. If not that probably fixed it.

I have purchased Mountain Lion OX which is the next operating system up for me. I am not even sure this old computer can install it. I was going to do that to try and get rid of the window. Now I am going to wait.

What do you think? How do I get viruses off external HD, that are in Time Machine? Do I have to just erase it? Can I just erase from that one day and going forward? Let me know what you think? Still no Shut Down window is appearing.

Shut down window keeps appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.