Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I run 64bit Win7. iTunes repeatedly crashes my browsers.

I suspect a hardware issue but this did not occur when I was running WinXP 32 bit.

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:27 AM

5 replies

May 26, 2015 11:30 AM in response to billfromwheeling

You need to provide more information about what you are talking about and/or asking. You have posted in iTunes for Windows, and mention 64-bit iTunes, so are you referring to a Windows OS computer, but what about iTunes is affecting your browser, and what browser? What are you trying to do that is interacting iTunes and the browser, and when you mention hardware, are you referring to your computer, or what?

May 26, 2015 1:04 PM in response to billfromwheeling

I'm sorry, but I'm with Chris here.

Generally speaking iTunes has nothing to do with your Browsers. At most iTunes would open if you clicked on a link in the browser that directs to an item in the iTunes or App Stores.

What we really need to know, is when does this happen? Why do you think i Tunes is causing this?

If you suspect its a hardware issue, then how is iTunes at fault? iTunes does nothing to your hardware.

If you explain what is happening when your browsers crash, it may be a little clearer, and we may be able to provide some help.

May 26, 2015 1:09 PM in response to billfromwheeling

billfromwheeling wrote:

I think my issue is very clear, Chris.

I run 64bit Win7 and iTunes causes any browser I use to crash. Repeatedly. What part of this is confusing to you?

Yeah, clear as mud. The iTunes software has nothing to do with your browser. What part of the two being separate software programs confuses you. And at what point does it indicate that your browser crash is attributed to iTunes? And again, you do not indicate why you are suspecting a hardware error for a browser crash you claim is caused by iTunes, nor what kind of hardware. Your logic is a little flawed here.

I run 64bit Win7. iTunes repeatedly crashes my browsers.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.