Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What should I do if I've started getting massively spammed?

Quite suddenly I have started getting all sorts of spam from various places showing up in my email inbox. Is there any way to prevent this? Do I need a new email account? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:02 AM

This problem literally has nothing to do with the computer / Mac OS / Apple Hardware. Someone, somewhere, got a hold of your email address (you probably gave it out unknowingly) and has since distributed it to a spamming network. You could simply ignore the spam message (most email filters are really good at filtering out the junk), or create a new email address. There's no good / easy way to tell the spamming community that you no longer want their messages.

Hope that helps.

edit: spelling

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 10:02 AM in response to tresj

This problem literally has nothing to do with the computer / Mac OS / Apple Hardware. Someone, somewhere, got a hold of your email address (you probably gave it out unknowingly) and has since distributed it to a spamming network. You could simply ignore the spam message (most email filters are really good at filtering out the junk), or create a new email address. There's no good / easy way to tell the spamming community that you no longer want their messages.

Hope that helps.

edit: spelling

What should I do if I've started getting massively spammed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.