Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth when hooked to my honda accord

when I am in my Honda accord, no sound comes from my iphone6 indicating that I have text or email. It used to work when a text came in and the handsfree link would read the text to me but now it doesn't. Also, when I am using maps I cannot hear the directions. The phone is silent

iPhone 4S, Windows 7

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 10:33 AM

I'm presuming here that your Honda Accord has some kind of bluetooth capability. In which case, you'd need to pair the phone with the bluetooth thing in the car. go to settings on your iPhone, then bluetooth, and turn it on. Make sure that discovereable is turned on as well. For texts and email notifications, see if that's on or off under notifications or sounds, as in "play sound for XX", and make sure your volume on your iphone is turned up enough. if it doesn't work, you may have to delete the thing on your honda, or on your iphone, re-add it and re-pair it. Your sig says you have an iPhone 4 , but you talk about an iPhone 6. ..I think you have to turn on the speaking maps thing as well. go into sound and see if it's set to play sound out through the bluetooth rather than the headphones.

[sorry I can't help you more}

JB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 10:33 AM in response to isalsa2

I'm presuming here that your Honda Accord has some kind of bluetooth capability. In which case, you'd need to pair the phone with the bluetooth thing in the car. go to settings on your iPhone, then bluetooth, and turn it on. Make sure that discovereable is turned on as well. For texts and email notifications, see if that's on or off under notifications or sounds, as in "play sound for XX", and make sure your volume on your iphone is turned up enough. if it doesn't work, you may have to delete the thing on your honda, or on your iphone, re-add it and re-pair it. Your sig says you have an iPhone 4 , but you talk about an iPhone 6. ..I think you have to turn on the speaking maps thing as well. go into sound and see if it's set to play sound out through the bluetooth rather than the headphones.

[sorry I can't help you more}

JB

bluetooth when hooked to my honda accord

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.