Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic audio only coming into one stereo

Whenever I try to record with my RODE NT1-A mic into my Scarlett 2i-4 interface logic pro x, it only comes up on the left stereo. How do I make the audio come in on the right and left stereo?

Logic Pro X, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:54 PM

You are running a mono (1 channel) signal into a stereo (2 channel) channel strip (track). Create a mono track.

7 replies

May 26, 2015 2:21 PM in response to dj.fortunes

When creating the track, under 'input' select Input 1, instead of Input 1+2. On an already created track, look at the channel strip and you will see the input section, will say "In 1-2" and have a little interlocking circle next to it. Click that interlocking circle, and it should switch to a single circle and say Input 1.

May 26, 2015 5:41 PM in response to dj.fortunes

Nothing is wrong with your equipment.

Under the TRACKS drop down create a NEW audio track, Format should be MONO, Output 1-2, Input either 1 or 2 (you can change it on the channel strip)

Panning control should be set dead center.

If you're using the Scarlett's Direct Monitoring function, set the direct monitoring switch to Mono.

A microphone is a mono source, it should always be recorded on a mono track.

Read the Logic Basics manual.

http://help.apple.com/logicpro/mac/10/#lgcpe9cc47b2

Mic audio only coming into one stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.