Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't change password/re-add Gmail account in Mail

I recently changed the password on one of my Gmail accounts, at which point the Mail app on iPhone said "cannot get mail" because the password was incorrect, as expected. When I try to reset the password in Settings, I can reenter the password successfully, but the page it returns to in Settings still says the password is incorrect. I then tried deleting the account and re-adding it, but it does not re-add the account after I enter the username and password, which is essentially the same problem as before. It is an academic account associated with my school but is still accessible through Gmail via Google Apps.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:28 AM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Schlockading

Hey Schlockading,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you deleted a mail account and are not able to add it back. You are able to sign in with the account outside of the iPhone. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Can't change password/re-add Gmail account in Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.