Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2008 Macbook Pro not booting

Hi. I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro (old model, not unibody) running OSX 10.6.8. When I finished using it last time I closed the lid, putting it in sleep mode. A couple of days later I opened the lid to wake it up, but it did not come back from sleep.

I then unplugged the power cord and removed the battery, and then plugged the power cord in again. Now when I push the power button the front light turns on, and I can hear the optical drive turning on, but the display is still off and there is no chime boot sound.

I read a few forum posts and I tried resetting the power (removing the battery and AC adapter and pushing the power button for 10 seconds) but it did not help.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/solve this problem?

Thanks!!!

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:10 PM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 4:15 PM in response to OGELTHORPE

Thanks for your help OGELTHORPE! I tried your suggestions but the computer still doesn't start. When I press the power button the front light and optical drive turn on, but the display is still off and there is no startup sound.

I was thinking that there may be something wrong with the display, but if that was the case the computer would still boot with the display off, right?

Thanks again!

Early 2008 Macbook Pro not booting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.