Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad goes crazy if I also use my wireless keyboard

My magic trackpad has been working great for a year, along with Apple wireless keyboard. Both pair fine to my MacBook Pro. Haven't had a problem until a few weeks ago. Now, if they are both paired, things are okay for about 10 minutes, and then my trackpad starts extra clicking, highlighting anything I'm hovering over.. right clicking, etc.

I've tried various things. Without the keyboard connected, it seems to work normally. I even read somewhere that maybe the internal Bluetooth reciever in the computer was going bad, so I purchased a new one that plugs into a USB port (Asus). This didn't solve the issue either.

Any ideas? I need them both to work because my computer sits up on a pedestal.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:01 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 1:24 PM in response to seventy one

They are both from Apple. And they've been working fine together for about a year.. I've tried moving them away from each other by a foot or so, but that doesn't seem to help either.

I think it might be interference too.. but why only after 10 min? Worried that if I buy a new trackpad, the same thing will happen. But, not sure what else to do.

Trackpad goes crazy if I also use my wireless keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.