Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying a new 15 MBP, Bootcamp update to Win 10?

Hey.

So, I was just about to pull the trigger on a new 15 MBP only to find out, that the latest models dont support Win 7 64 bit. I need both systems and its really a major bummer that im now forced to go with Win 8.1 ( which im not impressed with).

Windows 10 is just around the corner and im curious to know how fast Apple usually is to update their bootcamp software to support new Windows versions?

On one hand im glad that I didnt buy a new MBP 2 months ago cuz now I´ll get the latest model, but on the other hand im terrified that im about to blow my savings on a machine that wont be Win 10 compatible in the coming months and then riddled with flaws and bugs until Apple get the software adjusted:/

I currently have a mid 2010 MBP 15 running Snow leopard and Win 7 64bit. Both systems for audio production running several DAWs and alot of different vst plugins. I´ve been pretty satisfied with Win 7 and I can wait a month maybe two if thats what it takes until I´ll be able to run Win 10.

MacBook Pro

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:41 AM

4 replies

Buying a new 15 MBP, Bootcamp update to Win 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.