Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have my iphoto library backed up on an external hard drive but my macbook pro no longer works. Can I transfer the library or the pictures contained in the library to a windows based pc or windows formatted hard drive?

I have my iphoto library backed up on an external hard drive but my macbook pro no longer works. Can I transfer the library or the pictures contained in the library to a windows based pc or windows formatted hard drive?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:12 PM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 1:06 PM in response to mmiranda10

Restore it to a Mac with the same version of iPhoto and export the photos to a desktop folder and burn to disk - or depending on how you did the backup (not if you used Time Machine) pull a copy of the masters folder out and use the original photos form there - with TM you need to use TM on a Mac to restore the compete library

LN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.