Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth services unavailable

hi all,

i am a new iphone user. i had an htc1 m7 before the 6plus. i wanted to be able to stream music from my phone and still be able to receiver phone calls over my car BT receiver. my BT only supported phone calls. to acheive this, i bought a kinevo BT receiver which would only service audio streaming although it also had the phone call capability. with the android device i was able to simple switch off the service i didnt want the kinevo to have through the phone. i am having difficulty acheiving the same now with the iphone. do any of you experts have any input on the subject besides getting a new car, or returning to the android device?? with my iphone now i am still able to connect to both devices but i have no way of limiting the kinevo to only the audio streaming and and have the car BT receive the phone calls. I attached screen captures of both devices. apple captures are first

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileTheres no option for the BT receiver in IOS

User uploaded fileandroid / Car servicesUser uploaded filekinevo BT receiver services

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, OS limitation?

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:30 PM

6 replies

May 26, 2015 12:41 PM in response to kwasipoho

the BT receiver of the car has microphones in better placed areas. the audio quality is also far better. i keep the kinevo BT receiver in the trunk as i only want to use that to stream music and nothing more. i never mentioned that the iphone is limited in able to make phone calls and stream music. i am however limited in being able to use it to connect to both devices as i previously could.

May 26, 2015 1:24 PM in response to kwasipoho

kwasipoho wrote:

ChrisJ4203 what happens if you are listening to your local radio station over fm and get a phone call? dont you have to switch audio inputs ? thats essentially what i avoid by having a connection to the car BT for phone calls and the dongle for audio streaming. please respond if you have some insight. thanks!

No, with the iPhone the music will pause and you will be able to take your phone call. If you vehicle supports both audio streaming and phone calls, the iPhone supports that. I is not necessary to choose between the two. That may be a restriction of the Android device you used, but it is not for the iPhone. As I said earlier, I listen to Bluetooth streaming music from my phone all the time and when necessary deal with phone calls. I'm not sure how your vehicle's audio system deals with your question dealing with FM radio, but mine will automatically switch to the phone call if I accept the call.

May 26, 2015 1:28 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

i am not sure you read my original post in its entirety. the vehicle does not support audio streaming. it only supports the phone calls. this is why i needed the second BT receiver in the first place. since the cars audio clarity is much better and also, no matter what audio source i am using the phone call will come over the radio it was better to stick with that as the primary phone source. so with the android device i had a simple task of relegating the second dongle only as a A2dp device. this way the two devices could be connected simultaneously as they supported separate service.

May 26, 2015 1:35 PM in response to kwasipoho

I'm sorry, I guess I missed that. The iPhone does not support the use of multiple Bluetooth devices simultaneously. Your example of the Android was the first time I was aware of that, but then I've never used an Android device before. I'm also guessing that my familiarity with Bluetooth devices in automobiles has also involved multiple Bluetooth profiles. Sorry I cannot provide any additional information.

bluetooth services unavailable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.