Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do get a @icloud.com email account

How do I get an @icloud.com email account?

I don't want to use "Family Share" but I do want a new email address with the '@ icloud.com' designation.

thank you in advance for feedback.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:55 PM

You have an Apple ID which you use to sign in here; you can use that to create an iCloud account.

Go to System Preferences>iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID. Check 'Mail', 'Contacts', 'Calendars' etc as required to sync your data. When you check Mail you will be asked to create a new @icloud.com address and your Mail application will be set up with the account.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:55 PM in response to KailuaGurlz

You have an Apple ID which you use to sign in here; you can use that to create an iCloud account.

Go to System Preferences>iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID. Check 'Mail', 'Contacts', 'Calendars' etc as required to sync your data. When you check Mail you will be asked to create a new @icloud.com address and your Mail application will be set up with the account.

May 26, 2015 3:43 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you Roger! All set up. :-)

Another question: I have approx. 253 "purchased" songs in my iTunes account.

I want to remove approx. 25 songs that are in the "Purchased" file ON my iPhone 6. I don't want to delete the songs forever, I just want to remove them from the "Purchased" file on the phone and leave them in the itunes folder on the computer.

Thanks again for any assistance with this.

How to do get a @icloud.com email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.