Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

best speakers for mac

I'm looking for quality speakers for my mac and korg krome. As long as the speakers are durable, under $500 as a pair, and can connect via headphone jack to both the mac and korg, I'm satisfied. Personally, I am posting here because I trust the taste of this community.

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:25 PM

6 replies

May 26, 2015 12:40 PM in response to adamtrilling

The best speakers are the ones that YOU judge to be the best. If you can, listen to them all (or as many as you can find) and make up your own mind. Everyone's ears are different.

You will probably get as many different recommendations as there are speakers. Price and brand are not guarantee's of accurate or pleasing audio performance. Selecting a pair of speakers is very subjective and thus very difficult. Good Luck. 🙂

Ciao.

May 26, 2015 3:17 PM in response to adamtrilling

adamtrilling wrote:

any you recommend to make the search less strenuous?

I personally use only earphones with my MBPs, so I cannot even offer a personal preference.

However the recommendation from Csound1 should be taken very seriously. His vocation is sound, setting up sound systems for performances of various types, from pop concerts, political speeches to classical performances.

He occasionally displays a degree of arrogance from time to time so I must assume he is good at his vocation. Whether his suggestion meets your criteria, you will have to investigate.

I will try to get another forum colleague, who has similar credentials, to relay his thoughts on this matter.

Ciao.

May 27, 2015 3:45 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

OGELTHORPE wrote:

I will try to get another forum colleague, who has similar credentials, to relay his thoughts on this matter.

That would be me. My "thoughts on the matter" are that it would help a lot if you gave us more info to work with, like where & how the speakers will be used, the kind of music they will be reproducing, how loud they need to go, & how portable they should be.

Your mention of durability, a synth, & a Mac laptop suggest you might intend to use the speakers for some kind of public performance, or maybe in a 'garage band' type environment. The speakers best suited for that kind of use are not the same as those for example for use as a recording reference monitor in a home studio. Depending on the kind of music you play, it may be more desirable to choose something that can pump out a lot of undistorted deep bass or is better at reproducing the nuances of synthesized stringed instruments.

You also might want to consider driving the speakers with something other than the analog audio jack on the MBP. The built-in digital to analog converter isn't bad but if accuracy & high quality sound is important an external USB D-to-A converter would be better.

best speakers for mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.