Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting photos from iPad

Kindly help me with this as none of other posts here have applied.

I cannot delete the photos from my iPad (other than one at the time via edit), not the ones synced, not the camera roll images.

Image Capture imports them to my Mac nicely but fails to delete after importing, even with that option clearly selected.

Itunes, iPad device selected, I can de-select the Sync option, but it does not ask me whether to delete the photos as a next step.

I have in excess of 5,000 photos in the iPad that I don't need, don't want, they're backed up in both iPhoto and Image Capture, please, how do I get rid of the images on the iPad?

Thank you. Turaab

Imac OS X 10.7.5

iPad 8.3

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:25 PM

5 replies

May 26, 2015 1:01 PM in response to turaab

turaab wrote:

Itunes, iPad device selected, I can de-select the Sync option, but it does not ask me whether to delete the photos as a next step.

This is where you lose me. ITunes does not ask if you want to delete the photos. If you deselect the Sync Photos option and follow that with a sync, the photos should be erased. If that doesn't work, create an empty folder on the Mac and use that as your Photos Folder, syncing an empty folder should erase the photos as well.

May 26, 2015 2:34 PM in response to Demo

THanks for helping.

ITunes, de-selecting the Sync photos and following with a sync, does not erase the photos.

I created an empty folder on the Mac:

ITunes, I selected Sync photos and used that empty folder to "copy photos from". The "selected folders" button below is grayed out and "all folders" is the only option. apply, sync. This does not erase the iPad images.

ITunes, selected sync photos, chose iPhoto to " copy photo from", "selected albums.." using an empty album that I created in iPhoto and shows under the Albums listing below, apply, sync. All iPad photos still there..

??

What am I not understanding, please?

turaab

May 26, 2015 2:46 PM in response to turaab

I Don't think that you are misunderstanding anything at all. I think you know exactly what to do, unless I am misunderstanding you.

Are you sure that the photos that you are trying to delete were synced from the Mac? If you cannot delete them via a sync, then they must not be synced photos. Are they the photos in the camera roll? Photos in the camera roll can be deleted via the trash can icon.

Did you look in the recently deleted Album in the photos app on the iPad? Even if no photos are showing in there, Go to Settings>General>Date & Time. Set the date back about a year and then go back to the Recently Deleted Album, and delete any photos that might be in there. Then go back and set the date and time to automatic again.

May 26, 2015 3:28 PM in response to Demo

I am 100% certain, those photos were synced from the Mac, and not willingly either. I would have at the most a hundred camera roll pics. It happened after some software update, maybe the latest or the one before, don't remember if it was for the Mac or the iPad. I opened the iPad camera and found most if not all of my iPhoto images arrived as 'collections'. I must have had some preference set or reset to sync.

There is nothing in the deleted album on the iPad other than just three images I'd deleted manually. I set the date back one year as you described, and got the same result.

If you can think of anything else, pls post. And thanks for your help, I really appreciate your time.

Turaab

Deleting photos from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.