Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Apple Qmaster file agent not found" ?

I'd used Compressor 4.2 successfully once before, but today when I tried to launch a job, I got this error message.

"an internal error occurred: Apple Qmaster File Agent not found."

Mystifying at this point, especially since it worked last time. Love to learn what to do with this!

Posted on May 26, 2015 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:27 PM

I used to run into this error occasionally in earlier versions (also for no apparent reason), but haven't seen it since 4.1.

Try running Compressor Repair from Digital Rebellion. It's a free download.

If that doesn't fix it, with the application closed,open your home library/Applications Support/Compressor. If you have custom settings, drag the Settings folder to your Desktop. Then drag the Compressor folder to the trash. when you launch Compressor, it will rebuild the folder and you can replace the Settings folder with the one on your Desktop.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:27 PM in response to Jim_TurnipVideo

I used to run into this error occasionally in earlier versions (also for no apparent reason), but haven't seen it since 4.1.

Try running Compressor Repair from Digital Rebellion. It's a free download.

If that doesn't fix it, with the application closed,open your home library/Applications Support/Compressor. If you have custom settings, drag the Settings folder to your Desktop. Then drag the Compressor folder to the trash. when you launch Compressor, it will rebuild the folder and you can replace the Settings folder with the one on your Desktop.

Russ

"Apple Qmaster file agent not found" ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.