Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard keys keep dieing out on me on iMac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

I can't type letters or numbers in any of my programs. The batteries are new and the Bluetooth is on. When I use the keyboard viewer the keys light up when I touch the keys on my keyboard but nothing gets typed. I've called Apple support and they can't figure it out. Ever since I updated to the new operating system (OSX Yosemite), I'm having so many issues- this one is by far the most frustrating. I know the keyboard is fine, because the delete, space bar and a few other keys still work all the time. Help!!

iMac (27-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:00 PM

2 replies

May 27, 2015 7:33 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thank you for responding rkaufmann87. I did use that early on when I was having a lot of other issues with OS X Yosemite and fixed some things- but I just used it again now and Problem System Launch Daemons: ℹ️ [failed] com.apple.mtrecorder.plist. I'm not sure I want to re install the operating system again and have all the other problems come back, because I know they will with the luck I'm not having lately... haha... I'm alaos seeing that on Time Machine it says...Size of backup disk: Too small Backup size 999.16 GB < (Disk used 333.46 GB X 3). I'm an artist so my files are huge. I should delete stuff... Any other suggestions?

My keyboard keys keep dieing out on me on iMac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.