Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv guest wifi access

I am trying to use apple tv on a caravan site with a guest wifi network. I am using it with my ipad. I can connect the ipad to the wifi as it requires me to enter an email address. However cannot connect the apple tv. I only want to use the apple tv for airplay. Is it possible to connect my ipad to the apple tv without the apple tv being connected to the wifi

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:29 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 5:20 PM in response to jimfish100

Those networks require login via webpage, and is not possible on Apple TV as it has no browser.

If you have the latest Apple TV (model A1469) on version 7.0 or later and iPad 4 or later running IOS 8 then you can use peer to peer airplay

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Note: If the content on the iPad is being streamed from the internet or is an iTunes video purchase this won't work.

apple tv guest wifi access

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.