Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos and camera storage issue

So I go under settings>storage>photos and camera, and it tells me I have 4.9gb of stuff in there. . . I have 46 photos, and that is it.

checked every album, even recently deleted. Workin with an iPad Air 2. Trying to free up space for music. User uploaded file

iPad Air, iOS 8.1, iPad Air 2

Posted on May 26, 2015 1:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:32 PM

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time. Set the date to about a year ago. Then go to the photos app and tap on the recently deleted album. If there are photos that appear in there, delete them. Then go back and change the date to automatic again.

Check to see if that clears up the storage.

BTW, you really need to clear out space. 42 MB of free space isn't nearly enough. You need space for app data caches, fragmentation and so on. If you cut it too close, you can experience all kinds of issues and device crashes.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 2:32 PM in response to Phreakness

Go to Settings>General>Date and Time. Set the date to about a year ago. Then go to the photos app and tap on the recently deleted album. If there are photos that appear in there, delete them. Then go back and change the date to automatic again.

Check to see if that clears up the storage.

BTW, you really need to clear out space. 42 MB of free space isn't nearly enough. You need space for app data caches, fragmentation and so on. If you cut it too close, you can experience all kinds of issues and device crashes.

May 27, 2015 4:58 AM in response to Phreakness

Phreakness wrote:

TThat won't erase my important info will it? Documents and song files?

NO. It will not erase anything except for the phantom photo storage, assuming that is what is causing this problem for you. However, just to reiterate, if that screenshot that is showing 41.2 MB of free space is the real deal, you need to clear out more space on your iPad or you could have other problems like random crashes.

Photos and camera storage issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.