Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet Connectivity

Hey guys, I am having an issue with the Wi-Fi on my iPhone 6. I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 router that drops the connection on any band only with my Apple devices and it gets really frustrating because the only way to get the connection back for a couple hours would be to restart the router. I have tried the basic alternatives like factory resetting both the device and router and using another router to see if its a router issue. It seems to be an iOS 8 issue from the looks of it because my iPad Air on the latest firmware is also experiencing the same issue. I know that Netgear still hasn't released the official firmware for the router but I do know this router is high end and the latest devices should handle the connectivity seamlessly. All the computers (PCs only), Vonage, XBOX, and Chromecast are working perfectly fine.

Here are the configurations and specs of both devices:

NETGEAR Nighthawk X6

Firmware Version: V1.0.2.44_1.0.96 (latest one)

Wireless Band #1 @ 2.4GHz = Channel set to AUTO

Wireless Band #2 @ 5GHz = Channel set to 48

Wireless Band #3 @ 5GHz = Channel set to 161

Security Encryption: WPA2-PSK [AES]

Dynamic QoS: Enabled

Smart Connect: Disabled

Internet Connection: Comcast with 125 down & 25 up.

iPhone 6 16GB from T-Mobile (Model: MG542LL/A)

iOS 8.3

Modem Firmware: 2.23.03 (I dont know if this is could help)

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, T-Mobile 16GB

Posted on May 26, 2015 2:48 PM

7 replies

Nov 28, 2018 12:04 AM in response to KiltedTim

That was one of the first things I did and it worked perfectly fine on my old Linksys.

I read other forums and its an iOS 8 issue alongside the Nighthawk family

Internet Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.