Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Get iTunes to Open Win7 64-bit Ultimate

Hi there;

Alright, so I have a home-built computer running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I just downloaded the newest iTunes and installed it and can't get it to open. I have the newest QuickTime installed, I've tried deleting the SC Info folder, I both reinstalled and repaired iTunes, and I even tried repairing QuickTime as one thread suggested even though I had JUST installed it.

I've checked the task manager and it runs the Apple Mobile Device service, the 64-bit iPod service module, and the iTunes helper files, but it will not run iTunes at all. The process doesn't even open in safe mode (holding down Shift+Ctrl when clicking to open). This is really starting to irritate me as I need to sync my iPhone. Does anyone else have any other suggestions? As far as I know all of the drivers on my computer are updated as I had a similar issue trying to get my video card to function properly and updating the drivers was the solution to that problem.

Home-Built PC-OTHER, Windows 7, 64-bit Ultimate

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:24 PM

2 replies

Can't Get iTunes to Open Win7 64-bit Ultimate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.