Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We are having trouble manually adding music to our iPad running the latest version iOS 8.3, this is a new thing since we updated it. Now, when we use "add to" to add music from our Mac Desktop onto the iPad in iTunes, it puts the songs on the iPad, b

We are having trouble manually adding music to our iPad running the latest version iOS 8.3, this is a new thing since we updated it. Now, when we use "add to" to manually add music from our Mac Desktop onto the iPad in iTunes, it puts the songs on the iPad, but they are greyed out and don't play. Any ideas?

We do have manually manage music checked, and no syncing setup. We don't want it to sync because my iTunes library on my computer is way bigger than the amount of space on the iPad, so we just want to upload select Albums to it. We've done this in the past, but it doesnt' seem to work the same way anymore for some reason.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:50 PM

3 replies

May 26, 2015 7:45 PM in response to Kappy

That did it! I didn't know we had to click on "sync" to copy the files… I thought that meant it would sync my entire computer/ipad, and we just wanted to do the music so we were hesitant to hit sync. Everytime we update the iPad, it makes us jump through new, extra hoops, not sure why it everything is getting harder (more steps) but glad to have your help to figure it out! Thanks!

We are having trouble manually adding music to our iPad running the latest version iOS 8.3, this is a new thing since we updated it. Now, when we use "add to" to add music from our Mac Desktop onto the iPad in iTunes, it puts the songs on the iPad, b

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.