Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot See Text When Editing Names & Titles in iTunes 12.1.2.27

I am having trouble seeing the text when editing album information in iTunes 12.1.2.27 on Yosemite 10.10.3. Here's the steps to recreate this:

1. First I click the track to select it.
  2. Then, I click again to highlight it and put it in "edit" mode.
  3. Then, if I only want to edit part of it, I click somewhere in the highlighted text and that is when the text turns all white (becomes hidden).

User uploaded file

Is this a glitch? If so, is it known by Apple? Or is there a setting I can change? I have tried changing the highlight color in the General System Prefs but that didn't help.

Thanks.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:38 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 9:25 AM in response to Rysz

Rysz wrote:

This is definitely a bug. I'm not experiencing anything similar.

Typically a bug is going to be something widely reproducible. In particular any software engineer is going to have to be able to reproduce it, so the OP is going to have a difficult time getting this addressed if the OP is the only person seeing this problem.

By all means report it but you will have to include the exact text presenting the problem. Also does this happen on multiple tracks, including ones that do not have all the () [] etc?

I have seen this kind of thing with an older iTunes but where I happened to copy and paste a label which included tabs and line returns. They did not show up in the normal display but when I went to edit the field they generated white lines. I could backspace to get to the actual text and clear the issue by deleting the tabs/returns.

Cannot See Text When Editing Names & Titles in iTunes 12.1.2.27

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.