Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pathetic microsoft-like behavior of itunes...

After returning to Itunes after several years away I find that Apple is moving towards a Microsoft model of function and service and that is sad and pathetic... here's what has happened...

I went to upload/download (whatever) itunes music I had purchased a few years back to my laptop and found I cannot listen to this music offline as I used to very easily - in fact I used to be able to (easily) import this music to even "mediaplayer" if I wanted. The ease of the old experience made me want to buy more and more music! Now I don't even want to mess with it at all - the process is BS ... in fact I don't think I'll even be investing in a newer model iphone after this...

Apple appears to be moving towards a Microsoft model of customer experience, and away for the Jobsian model, that is... microsoft often prioritized their profit margin over the customer experience to make money and so now is Apple. I don't want to fricking have to deal with the "cloud" - a borg=like/microsoftie concept if there ever was one - I want to be able to have my music on my laptop and on my phone and not have to download things fifty millioni times and pay you (Apple) more money to make the processes easier! I already paid for the fricking music! AND why make a process that was sooo successful more complex and frustrating - WHAT IS THAT???? If anything they should give people the OPTION of joining in to this frustration (a "would you like to use Match/Icloud" would suffice) instead they are making crap-automatic choices for people...

Perhaps the day of the CD disc is not over! I may go back to listening to music that way - and maybe now Microsoft is less microsoftie than Apple has become. Media player, at least, is now a lot easier to use than Itunes. That wasn't my experience 4 years ago - but my opinion has changed after my own recent experience with downloading/uploading things I already purchased AND reading all the customer dissatisfaction with Match and the icloud (whatever their calling the borg like entity. Interestingly enough when I wasn't signed in to the 'community" it was VERY easy to find these comments but once I was signed in very difficult! Hah another microsoftie non-transparency trait!) Anyway, it's saddening that something that was so easy and flawless and fun has been transformed into something frustrating and time-consuming and well - discouraging. I say "Why Apple?" Who are the goofballs making these decisions - they should remember that not all change is good...

Posted on May 26, 2015 3:41 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2015 3:46 PM in response to haliastur4

The above was a bit of a vent but to summarize.... can anyone give me a QUICK process solution to not using match and "cloudy' and just having/loading my music on my laptop to listen to when I"m offline - and to maybe download later to my older version iphone. I am a simple (but not stupid) person who likes clean processes and doesn't want to waste what feels like 5 hours just effing around trying to figure out how to do what used to take an easy half an hour (downloading my music so I could listen offline and later sync it up to my devices..)

Jeez, it was so very very good why do they always go and have to make things harder than they need to be... [Money?]

Pathetic microsoft-like behavior of itunes...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.