Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch frozen, not able to reset or restart

Hi,

I am using iTunes version 12.1.2.27, the most recent version I've been notified about on the program.

I have an iPod Touch 5th Generation. After opting to update the software to the latest version (as of May 26th 2015) on my iPod Touch my device is now somewhere in limbo and unresponsive. The software downloaded, but somewhere in the extraction process it just froze.

The only message that displays on screen is the one with the symbols telling me to connect it to iTunes. When I do this it makes no difference!

iTunes doesn't recognize my iPod, windows explorer doesn't recognize it either. I have tried resetting/restarting the iPod by holding down the power button, and though I see the apple symbol come up, it just reverts back to this frozen image telling me to connect to iTunes.

Please does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? I really don't want to send my device away for repair but it seems like the only option at this point.

I might add that I've had it about 8 months, and repeatedly it has given me grief! I unwillingly upgraded to Touch after my Classic died and then they went off the market. Unimpressed with you, Apple!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, iTunes version 12.1.2.27

Posted on May 26, 2015 4:34 PM

1 reply

May 27, 2015 1:58 AM in response to Sbrosnan001

Try the remaining actions of:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

iPod Touch frozen, not able to reset or restart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.