Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages -Page Layout

I used to be able to use fonts that are dingbats as individual images in my Pages page layouts (for invitations, etc.). I still can, but I can't get them to overlap. Is there something I need to do to allow this?

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.2

Posted on May 26, 2015 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 5:14 PM

Multiple Text boxes, each with its Wrap set to None in the Format: Arrange tab. Each Text box receives its own Dingbat character, and with wrap set to None, you can drag and position without interference. You may have to play with the layer buttons in the Arrange tab to get what you need. The individual Dingbats can be scaled as big or small as your Text Box sizing permits.

I decided to play with my food, and so everything in the following image is a Dingbat. The feline originated inside Affinity Designer, and was given blue eyes, a salmon nose, and a red velvet collar — and exported as a 512x512x300dpi png. It was brought back into Pages v5.5.3, and aligned with the other Dingbat characters.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 5:14 PM in response to krystle1982

Multiple Text boxes, each with its Wrap set to None in the Format: Arrange tab. Each Text box receives its own Dingbat character, and with wrap set to None, you can drag and position without interference. You may have to play with the layer buttons in the Arrange tab to get what you need. The individual Dingbats can be scaled as big or small as your Text Box sizing permits.

I decided to play with my food, and so everything in the following image is a Dingbat. The feline originated inside Affinity Designer, and was given blue eyes, a salmon nose, and a red velvet collar — and exported as a 512x512x300dpi png. It was brought back into Pages v5.5.3, and aligned with the other Dingbat characters.

User uploaded file

Pages -Page Layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.