Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad is disabled connect to iTunes

My kid was trying to figure out my password on my iPad 2 which I have updated to IOS 8.0.3. I believe? I didn't think anything of it at the time but apparently he tried numerous times relegating it to the screen saying, "iPad is disabled connect to iTunes." I don't think anything of it and connect it to my computer with iTunes up and iTunes asks to access my iPad. I click on Allow and it is telling me, "to allow access, please respond on your iPad." However, my iPad shows nothing different. It has been backed up and connected to iTunes before on my computer. What do I do to access my iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 8

Posted on May 26, 2015 5:23 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 8:13 PM in response to nicksheats02

Had the same problem, I think my son was trying to access the restricted area on his ipad and managed to lock himself out completely. I went on my PC to connect like it told me and after putting in my information it sent an email "to be opened on the affected device." The "affected device" is DISABLED. LOL! I was going to go the recovery route which erases everything and then put all the songs we've bought over the years back on it, but I was told that my computer wasn't "authorized". That's it. Not even a link to steps to get it authorized. I guess I'm going to have to take it into the local Apple store to have them do something and give them the $29 they request for service. What a nightmare.

iPad is disabled connect to iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.