Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I customize my menu bar

Installed Yosemite and lost my volume control on the Mac menu bar - Finder left end - Battery, etc. right end. Can this be customized? I did find the volume control under sound and was able to add that icon.

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:09 PM

You should be able to enable the battery icon in 'Apple menu > System Preferences > Energy Saver' (this is on 10.9, so use the search in the Preferences window if you can't see it).

The menu items are stored in a system folder, double clicking then should put them into the menu bar.

The location is /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/, just do not try to edit or delete those items & you should be fine.

Use cmd+drag to remove or reorder the items.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 6:09 PM in response to habana

You should be able to enable the battery icon in 'Apple menu > System Preferences > Energy Saver' (this is on 10.9, so use the search in the Preferences window if you can't see it).

The menu items are stored in a system folder, double clicking then should put them into the menu bar.

The location is /System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/, just do not try to edit or delete those items & you should be fine.

Use cmd+drag to remove or reorder the items.

How do I customize my menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.