Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't open after I updated macbook pro to Yosemite OS X

iTunes will not open after Macbook Pro was updated to Yosemite OS X. Nothing happens when I hover over and click the Itunes logo in the doc. Please somebody have an easy fix for this?

Posted on May 26, 2015 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:36 PM

According to reports on this site, Apple Support has given the following instructions to others who had a similar problem.

First, back up all data.

Select the iTunes icon in the Applications folder and open the Info window. Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner to unlock the settings.

In the Sharing & Permissions section, change the Privilege setting for each Name in the list to Read & Write. Close the window. If the settings aren't visible, click the disclosure triangle on the left so that it points down.

You should now be able to drag the iTunes application to the Trash and empty. Your iTunes data won't be affected.

Click the iTunes link at the top of this page, download the Installer package and run it.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 6:36 PM in response to basstappo

According to reports on this site, Apple Support has given the following instructions to others who had a similar problem.

First, back up all data.

Select the iTunes icon in the Applications folder and open the Info window. Click the padlock icon in the lower right corner to unlock the settings.

In the Sharing & Permissions section, change the Privilege setting for each Name in the list to Read & Write. Close the window. If the settings aren't visible, click the disclosure triangle on the left so that it points down.

You should now be able to drag the iTunes application to the Trash and empty. Your iTunes data won't be affected.

Click the iTunes link at the top of this page, download the Installer package and run it.

May 26, 2015 7:09 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thanks 'Linc Davis' for taking the time to post an answer to my question. I tried looking for similar solutions/answers to my question in Apple's forum and some answers(different than yours) were scary to me to try. I truly appreciate your help. Your solution with explanation worked exactly as you said and I have my iTunes back with minimal problems. Cheers!

iTunes won't open after I updated macbook pro to Yosemite OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.