Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grid line on the bottom half of my phone screen

So, I have an iPhone 5C. I was using it in the rain, and I figured it would be fine because I had an umbrella, but the rain ended up damaging my phone. For the most part, everything's fine and the screen is normal, except there's a line of square on the bottom half (at first there were two, now just one). Does anyone have any advice? I tried restarting my phone, didn't work, and I've also tried setting it in a pile of instant oatmeal (I don't have any rice or silica gel, I heard that was the next best option). Thanks in advance!

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:16 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 1:59 PM in response to LeslieIsCool

Hey there LeslieIsCool,

Based on the information provided in your post, it seems like the best option for you is for you to seek service for your iPhone that has experienced liquid damage. Here is a link that can help you understand a little about iPhone service requests and will help you decide the best course of action:

iPhone Other Repair Options - Apple Support

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/repair/other/

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

Grid line on the bottom half of my phone screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.