Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my ipod

I got my (iOS 8.3) iPod touch16GB 5th generation exactly a week ago from today, on my birthday. Since then I only have 11 apps, 121 photos, and 7 videos. But when I check my usage it says that I have used 10.5GB already, and I know that's not common. Also, I noticed that it said that I only have about 2.2GB left, which doesn't make sense to me because that math doesn't add up. Out of those 10.5GB I supposedly used, 7.8 of them goes toward Photos & Camera. Can you please explain what is wrong and how I should fix it?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3, 16GB

Posted on May 26, 2015 5:26 PM

2 replies

May 26, 2015 5:38 PM in response to Erica Gerez

I don't know if there's anything wrong.

a 16 gig device really only has 13 and change free after you take into account the space the operating system takes up.

As to your photos, did you take them with the iPod or import them? If you imported them, then I'd suggest to unimport them and see how much room your photos app takes up and go from there. If you imported them from your computer then it's very conceivable that one or two of them are large files that could be taking up a bunch of the room

May 27, 2015 1:54 AM in response to Erica Gerez

OTHER

Connect the iPod to your computer and look at the storage used by the various categories as shown in the colored bargarph in iTunes.

Come back with the results.

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

why does my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.