Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fully downloaded, yet incomplete display of web pages.

Hello!

I'm having this issue on various sites — from my Gmail inbox, to tumblr, and miscellaneous other sites — where the page will be fully loaded, but for whatever reason the content will not display. I know it's fully loaded, because if I interact with the page (be it by clicking somewhere or scrolling), part of the page may fill in itself — and not necessarily wherever my cursor is, too! I cannot make sense of how or why the pages display incompletely.

I have not encountered this issue outside of surfing the web. Photoshop and video games work perfectly fine. I do not encounter this issue when logging into my profile, either. If it's a web developer issue, well... that's too bad. But I'd like to make sure there isn't something more I can do to resolve the issue.

My iMac is with Retina display and has an upgraded graphics card. Not sure if this would be useful to know... Thank you for all your help and insight!

Hope this finds you well.

iMac with Retina 5K display, null

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:28 PM

6 replies

May 26, 2015 8:43 PM in response to babowa

Hello!

The OS is Yosemite, version 10.10.3. And this behavior has happened between the two browsers I use: Safari and Chrome. I haven't downloaded Firefox to see if it happens there.

Unfortunately, clearing my browsing history hasn't done much to help this problem. But I appreciate being directed toward anything! Thank you both for trying to help!

May 26, 2015 9:13 PM in response to ohnohello

Start up in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, restart as usual and post the results.

May 31, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hello!

So I restarted into Recovery Mode, and from what I could see from browsing my usually problematic sites, nothing was wrong in one (but things aren't always wrong here), but I could not even browse the other. At all. A repeated issue was occuring with the site that disallowed me from getting my login credentials in. Seeing as how I've never encountered this issue, it must be due to a plug-in. I'll tinker a bit with those, I don't have many... at all.

I'll let you know if anything works! Thank you for your direction!

Aug 2, 2015 9:14 PM in response to ohnohello

Hello all,

Thinking it was linked to a Chrome add-on, I reset the browser completely and I'm still encountering issues on sites like iCloud.com, gmail.com, which do not suffer the same visibility issue in Safari (which I have not restored).

Seems really strange to me that this would be happening, and a bit of a bummer! As some sites do not operate as smoothly on Safari as they do Chrome. But I guess I'll stick with Safari until the problem resurfaces there (and I can maybe pinpoint a cause). If it doesn't, I suppose it may be a Google Chrome exclusive issue.

Thoughts?

Hope this finds you well,

Me.

Fully downloaded, yet incomplete display of web pages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.