Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

facetime says its calling but I do not hear it ringing and the recipient states no activity on their screen

facetime says its calling but I do not hear it ringing and the recipient states no activity on their screen. Any ideas?

it was working fine the day before.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 5:50 PM

1 reply

May 28, 2015 1:54 PM in response to Cdavis1791

Hey Cdavis,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are not able to make calls using FaceTime. Is this happening to onlhy one contact or multiple contacts? If its only with one contact you can remove and readd the contact and try again. It looks like you have already seen an article to try and resolve this issue.

If you have not yet, please run through

If you can't make or receive FaceTime calls - Apple Support

1. Go to Settings > General > Date & Time and turn on Set Automatically.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Update your device to the latest version of iOS.

You might have issues using FaceTime for one of these reasons:

FaceTime Audio or Video calling might not be available for all countries, regions, or carriers.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

facetime says its calling but I do not hear it ringing and the recipient states no activity on their screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.