Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Messaging APP CRASH PROBLEM

So on Twitter someone sent me a message with weird Chinese lettering and etc. saying and to text this to someone and watch what happens.

(Message cannot be displayed due to invalid characters being present)

If you cannot see the message just tell me where to send it and ill post it somewhere

Now my messaging app wont open or anything! I get texts like normal but i cant launch the app. It opens then immediately closes. Restarting my device, resetting my setting and waiting DID NOT WORK! i want to keep my stuff on my phone without restoring because of a stupid text i sent 😟.... plus i have nothing to back it up to or any back ups ever! (i just checked). This only effected my IOS8 devices. i sent it to 3 of my friends before i closed the app. Then it messed up.. my friend with an iPhone 4 said nothing happened to her phone. Help please

PS this guy on twitter doesn't even know how to fix it either.. he calls it the "Derrick Curse" ..........

Happened on my iPhone 6+ ios 8.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.4, Verizom iPhone

Posted on May 26, 2015 7:13 PM

12 replies

Jun 4, 2015 12:18 PM in response to junior302

I Got this text and nothinnng worked! I tried texting my self via siri , sending photos to the sender, i asked him to send me a text but nothing. Heres what I did :

I Went to settings, messages, keep the message till.. And changed it to 30 days. Then went to settings ,date and time and changed the date to 2016. It erases your messages but fixes the problem.

iPhone Messaging APP CRASH PROBLEM

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.