Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some iMessages only show up on my MacBookPro and not my iPhone 6, so if I don't look at my Mac, then I don't see the message.

Some iMessages only show up on my MacBook Pro and not my iPhone 6, so if I don't look at my Mac, then I don't see the message. This happens with multiple contacts, not just one number.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:21 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2015 8:16 PM in response to ecb3we

I'm having this happen off and on too.

So far I've been unable to find treatment, I'm sure it's also difficult to diagnos because it's not a regular problem. Most of the time everything is synced, but a line here and there in iMessage (for sure iMessage and not sms) is missing on the computer or iPhone (usually the phone for some reason).

Jul 26, 2015 8:48 PM in response to ecb3we

On your iPhone: Go to settings > Messages

Do you see "Use your Apple ID for iMessage"?

If so log into iMessage with your Apple ID.

What is happening is messages are being sent to an email address username not your phone number, therefore if your phone is not set up to receive messages at this address they won't show up.

Some iMessages only show up on my MacBookPro and not my iPhone 6, so if I don't look at my Mac, then I don't see the message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.