Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Authorized Computer"?

My son's iPad was recently disabled, I suspect from trying to access the restricted area to which he does not know the code. I went on my PC and downloaded iTunes and all that and after reading up on the problem I felt like my only option was to restore it and start over with uploading all the songs we'd bought over the years. That's when I was told my computer wasn't "authorized". Really?? That's all it said, no link to help on how to get it "authorized". I guess it recognized that this is a different computer than when I first downloaded iTunes a few years back on my old computer, but where do I go to tell it to disregard the computer I no longer have and am now using this one?? And why do I have to do that anyway?? I am logged in, it recognizes and accepts my account information, it knows it's me, why doesn't it accept the PC I'm using to do all this on???

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:28 PM

Check this out! Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

3 replies

"Authorized Computer"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.