Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue restoring Mail from Time Machine

I'm running Mail 8.2 on my iMac (OS X Yosemite 10.10.3). Something happened last night which deleted all my e-mail in one of my accounts. It wasn't in the trash and couldn't be found. So I entered Time machine for a restore from a few hours earlier.

Everything looked like it worked, except that when all was said and done nothing had been restored. Tried it a number of times, selecting the account folder, then the individual e-mails in the folder, etc. Still no luck.

A friend suggested that the problem may be the Mail app looks for some type of authentication before importing anything. The restore from Time Machine isn't supplying the correct or any authentication is how reasoning. So its all the same to Mail regardless if the app is downloading off the server or restoring from time Machine.

Can anyone troubleshoot how to restore the Time Machine backup to my e-mail account?

Art

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on May 26, 2015 6:48 PM

2 replies

Issue restoring Mail from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.