Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family Sharing Based on Status (Adult vs Child)

Our household has several Apple devices - starting with my wife and I having Apple iPhones. We each have our own iTunes accounts. We recently equipped each tv in the house with Apple Tvs. 3 of the TVs are in our children' bedrooms. To date, all movie purchases have been made from my iTunes account and as a result, its MY iTunes account that is logged into each of the Apple TVs. The problem with this is that several of the movies I have are not kid-friendly and I'd prefer for them not to be displayed on the kid's Apple TVs.

We just implemented Family Sharing which seems to be a nice feature BUT my problem with this is that when I hide movies from the kids, my wife loses access to them as well. Is there any way for my wife and I to share content based on our "adult" status while simultaneously hiding them from the kids? Any information/suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated - I'm losing my mind over this!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on May 26, 2015 7:54 PM

There are no replies.

Family Sharing Based on Status (Adult vs Child)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.