Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Library not Compatible with Time Capsule?

I am running out of space on my MacBook Pro (Late 2011/OS Yosemite) so I decide to move my iMovie Library to my Time Capsule. After doing that and redirect iMovie to open the iMovie library in the new location (in Time Capsule) I got the message "Libraries cannot saved at this location. The format of the selected hard disk or network volume is not supported. Select different location".

Any help? my connection between my MacBook Pro and my Time Capsule is over wi-fi. Thank you!

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2015 9:00 PM

Put it on a regular external drive and set Time Machine to back it up as well.

If you can't afford to do so right now, as a temporary measure, use the Disk Utility to create a disk image formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) on the Time Capsule and put the library onto it. All the copies of anything you want to keep shouldn't be on a single drive; it may fail at any time.

(127943)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2015 9:00 PM in response to giancarlo.matias

Put it on a regular external drive and set Time Machine to back it up as well.

If you can't afford to do so right now, as a temporary measure, use the Disk Utility to create a disk image formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) on the Time Capsule and put the library onto it. All the copies of anything you want to keep shouldn't be on a single drive; it may fail at any time.

(127943)

iMovie Library not Compatible with Time Capsule?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.