Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages won't allow me to do anything with my document like save, export to PDF, copy and paste to anywhere else, take a screenshot...absolutely nothing. It just makes a "squonk" noise whenever I try.

Pages won't let me save my document in any manner. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.2 and the latest update of Pages (can't get the version number because Pages won't even let me go there). It won't let me export the document into another format, copy and paste the document into another document, take a screenshot, absolutely nothing. I even tried just clicking the red dot to close the document and hope that it saves, but it won't let me do that either. I'd love to force quit, but I haven't even named the document and am afraid that hours spent on a paper will be lost to the void.

iMac (21.5-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on May 26, 2015 8:04 PM

2 replies

Pages won't allow me to do anything with my document like save, export to PDF, copy and paste to anywhere else, take a screenshot...absolutely nothing. It just makes a "squonk" noise whenever I try.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.